Gaining or regaining weight can be just as difficult as losing weight. When done in a smart, healthful way, many of the same basic principles apply to both gaining and losing weight. Some important things to consider are:
- Gaining lean body weight is a slow process that takes months and years rather than days and weeks.
- See your doctor before starting any weight-gain program.
- To gain weight, you must eat more (quality first, quantity second)
- Undertake resistance training for muscle growth
- Don’t waste your time or money on powders, pills and products that claim to increase muscle mass.
For some awesome tips, check this out: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/weight-and-muscle-gain.