- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then chopped
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 500g (~5) tomatoes
- 400g can butter beans, drain of liquid and then rinse beans in water
- 2 zucchini, grated or spiralised
- 100g salad leaves
- 4 radishes, cut off tops then thinly sliced
Bean, Tomato and Radish Salad
Serve as a salad side or meal in itself.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Place salad leave in a bowl.
- Combine tomatoes, beans, zucchini and onion mixture and place over salad leaves, top with radish.
- Add some garlic and dried oregano when cooking the onions. You could also sprinkle with parsley leaves.