- ½ crusty baguette
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red onion, remove ends and papery skin, slice onion
- ¾ cup roasted cashews
- ½ cup currants
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
Carrot and Lentil Salad
Sweet, nutty and citrusy this carrot and lentil salad makes a great side dish or meal in one
It’s this easy
- Slice the baguette, brush with olive oil and bake for 10- 15 minutes until crisp.
- Cook lentils in 8 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes, add carrots and cook for another 10 minutes, drain and rinse.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the bread, toss to combine.
- Serve with crusty bread.
- Add some mint and coriander, and sprinkle with grated orange rind for citrusy, herby flavour bursts. Spice it up by adding some Moroccan seasoning the the dressing.