Gaining or regaining weight can be just as difficult as losing weight. When done in a smart, healthful way, many of the same basic principles apply to both gaining and losing weight. Some important things to consider are:
- Gaining lean body weight is a slow process that takes months and years rather than days and weeks.
- See your doctor before starting any weight-gain program.
- To gain weight, you must eat more however, it is still important to focus on the quality of the food first, then the quantities.
- Focus on good quality carbohydrates and adequate protein around exercise and resistance training.
- Undertake resistance training for muscle growth.
- Using nourishing, dairy based drinks can aid in weight gain and add in lots of nutritional value.
- Don’t waste your time or money on powders, pills and products that claim to increase muscle mass.
- Seeing a dietitian will ensure you can gain weight and muscle healthily and meet your nutritional requirements.
For some awesome tips, check this out: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/weight-and-muscle-gain