- Fill large pot with water,
- place the pot over high heat,
- bring to boil and add the asparagus.
- Cook for around 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is just tender. Bosh!
Place asparagus in a microwave-safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes until the spears are firm but tender. Drain and cool.
Oven-roasted or baked asparagus
Place asparagus in a shallow pan or baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cook in the oven for around 15-20 minutes at high heat (around 200˚) for a golden and crispy finish.
Cook with oil or butter in a pan over medium heat until tender. Easy!
- Make sure to trim the asparagus before cooking by snapping and removing the tough woody ends of the stalks.
- Be careful not to over-cook as it can become mushy and it doesn’t taste very nice.