Wow, what a crazy year this has been! 2020 has definitely thrown us some big curveballs and we’re sure most of you can't wait to celebrate the end of the year with loved ones. Christmas can definitely stretch your budget and after the uncertain year we have had, we want to make sure you can still celebrate. To do this, we have created even more money saving hacks, and healthy, easy recipes to help you eat well without breaking the bank.
Our top tips to eat well and save money…
- Plan ahead!We know how busy this month can be, so setting aside some time at the beginning of the week to plan your meals, grocery list and going grocery shopping can save you time during the week. Planning meals helps to ensure you have healthy food available, saves time deciding what to have each day, and can help save money on last minute takeaway options. Download our shopping list to get you started!
- Try our 2 Week Food Budget Challenge!Our 2 week challenge helps you to set your grocery bill for $55 and includes all of our meal plans, recipes, resources and shopping lists. Sign up here for our plant-based or regular version.
- Take stock of your pantry! Before you start planning meals, check what ingredients you already have and how you might use them. This saves money on purchasing excess ingredients you may already have. Use our free Pantry, Fridge and Freezer Staples checklist, and see if any of your leftover ingredients can be used for a similar recipe.
- Cook in bulk and save leftovers for later on!This is a great time saving hack meaning you only have to cook once, and then will have leftovers ready for when you’re short on time, or don’t feel like cooking. To help you cook in bulk, check out our recipes that are designed for 3+ serves here.
- Minimise food waste by using leftovers in other dishes! On the leftover’s topic, Christmas always leaves us plenty of leftovers, often for the rest of the week! Get creative and reuse meats and roast vegetables in salads or add leftover vegetables to quiches and frittatas. For more food saving hacks, click here.
- Bulk up meals with easy salads and sides!An Aussie Christmas is a hot and sweaty affair, particularly if you have the oven blasting on a 30 degree day! Fresh, light salads make a great accompaniment to lunch. If you need inspiration, check out our recipe pages for salads and sides.
Remember that Christmas is a time to be spent and celebrated with loved ones! We have plenty of advice on our website for saving money, eating well, and of course plenty of great and affordable recipes for you to use!