- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 x 400g cans of diced tomato
- 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2x 420g cans no added salt lentils, drain of liquid and rinse under running water
- 200g wholegrain shelf-stable noodles
- 1 cup kale, spinach or beetroot leaves, finely sliced
15-Minute Vegan Lentil Bolognese
Quick, delicious and economical. Need we say more?
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add carrot and tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato to a blender and blend until smooth or if you no blender then you could squash them with a fork.
- Add lentils and mushrooms, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water, sit for 2 minutes and then drain.
- Place the noodles on a plate, top with leaves and lentils.
- Add chopped garlic and dried oregano for extra flavour. Add some sweet potato spaghetti noodles to the whole-grain noodles.