- 12 asparagus spears, trim off the bottom of the spear
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
Grilled Asparagus and Poached Egg on Toast
Turn eggs on toast into a meal with this asparagus, eggs and toast.
It’s this easy
- Toast bread on grill or griddle pan.
- Cook asparagus on a grill or griddle pan for a few minutes on each side.
- Poach the eggs by adding to a pot of simmering water. Let eggs sit in the water for 3 minutes and remove with a spoon or slotted spoon if you have one, drain on some paper towel.
- Place bread on a plate, top with asparagus and poached egg.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, sweet paprika and mint leaves for extra flavour.