- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2 pieces whole grain bread, toasted
- Salt and pepper
Microwave Poached Eggs
Perfectly poached eggs ready in just 10 minutes.
It’s this easy
- Coat 2 microwave egg poachers and ramekin dishes (small bowls) with a small amount of olive oil using a paper towel or pastry brush.
- Add the mushrooms to ramekin dishes (or small bowls) with a small amount of salt and pepper and remaining olive oil. Cook uncovered on high in microwave for 2.5 minutes, add spinach and cook for further 30 seconds. Cover and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the greased egg poachers, pierce the yolk with a fork or toothpick. Cover with a wet piece of paper towel and microwave on low setting (30%) for 4 minutes or until the whites are set.
- Place eggs on a plate with toast, mushrooms and spinach.