- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, cut off woody end and remove papery skin, srush in a garlic crusher or chop finely with a knife
- 2 cups liquid vegetable stock
- 2x 400g cannellini beans, drain off liquid and rinse with water
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices crusty white bread, toasted
Traditional Beans and Greens
Great on its own, this dish also makes a fabulous side with meat or fish.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan or pot over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until in begins to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add stock, bring to a simmer and then add beans. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the spinach and stir until it wilts, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a sprinkle or pepper and salt.
- Serve with crusty bread for dunking.
- Add some chilli flakes for a bit of spice. You could also sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.