- 1 small whole red cabbage
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
Baked Red Cabbage
Add some colour to any lunch or dinner plate with this easy baked cabbage.
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice cabbage into 2cm-thick slices from top to base. Arrange on tray.
- Combine oil, sugar and garlic and brush all over the cabbage. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn slices and bake for a further 20 minutes or until soft and crisp on the edges.
- Place on a plate, sprinkle with a little extra oil.
- Add paprika, mint and/or grated lemon zest to the oil before baking for more flavour and zing. You could also sprinkle with dukkah when serving for extra spice. White cabbage also works well in this recipe.