- 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 4x 150g beef steaks
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut in half, then slice to make half moon shapes
- 2 x 250g packets baby beetroot, cut into quarters
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 120g packet rocket
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar - apple cider, sherry, balsamic or red wine vinegar will also work ok
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ciabatta Loaf - optional
Pepper-crusted beef with beetroot salad
This steak and salad recipe will add some pep to your recipe repertoire.
It’s this easy
- Preheat the BBQ or grill on medium-high.
- Place the steak on a plate, sprinkle over the pepper, a small amount of salt and some olive oil.
- Cook the steaks on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil, set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine orange, beetroot, radish and rocket.
- In a jar or small mixing bowl combine vinegar and olive oil and mix well then drizzle over the salad and toss it together gently.
- Divide the steaks and salad among the serving plates, serve with bread if you like.
- For an extra flavour burst serve with a creamy sauce made of Greek yoghurt, wholegrain mustard, lemon and dill.