- 2 teaspoons moroccan spice
- 4 small lamb shanks
- 500g butternut pumpkin
- 2 cups reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 cup passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup basmati rice
Lamb and pumpkin soup
Perfect for those chilly days this slow cooker soup will be waiting for you when you get home.
It’s this easy
- Place spice mix on a plate. Add the lamb shanks and toss to lightly coat.
- Add the lamb, pumpkin, stock, water and passata to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the lamb falls off the bone. If you don't have a slow cooker, you could place all ingreidents in an oven proof dish, cover and cook in a 110°c oven.
- Use tongs to remove bones from the soup and discard them.
- Add the chickpeas and rice and cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Serve topped with some coriander and Greek style yoghurt.