- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut both ends off and slice into circles
- 1 small red onion, remove ends and paper skin then cut in half and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, whisk in a jug
- 250g cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, remove from freeze to thaw
- 160g bag rocket salad mix
Zucchini, Pea and Cheese Frittata
Served hot or cold this one makes a great meal to go option.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add zucchini and half of the onion and cook until soft.
- Crack eggs into a jug, whisk with a fork or a whisk if you have one. Add the cheese, peas and half of the salad mix.
- Pour egg mix into pan and and cook for 12-15 minutes or until egg is just set.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook for 5 minutes until golden and eggs are cooked. If you don’t have a grill place a lid on top of the pan and continue to cook until eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into wedges, place on a plate and top with remaining salad and onion.
- Add salmon or canned tuna to the egg mix or top with smoked salmon.