Make eating at home a ‘new normal’ priority. The bonus is saving money too. To help you prepare fast inexpensive meals, our team has put together a 7-day meal plan and grocery shopping list to help you to eat healthily and become a culinary expert in the kitchen!
You might think that healthy foods are expensive, but the truth is fast food and eating out costs more. We'll show you how to get more bang for your food buck. Did you know: the average Australian Household spends $95.05 each week on both restaurant meals and takeaway.
We’ve crunched the numbers and created a healthy meal plan that will set you back just $60* for your weekly food shop. That should leave you with some cash to spend on other things you like. What’s the catch? It takes planning ahead. So that is why we have done that for you.
Our team of dietitians and nutrition researchers have created a weekly plan that includes recipes for 7 breakfasts, lunches and dinners for an average of $60 a week over two weeks. It uses easy, healthy recipes from No Money No Time and you choose whether you want to try the plant-based menu or the meat eating omnivore plan.
The meal plan include:
- 7 breakfasts, lunches and dinners with information on cost, ingredient list and how to cook
- Shopping list with the cost for each item
- Nutrient analysis of the meal plan with breakdown of macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats) and key vitamins and minerals.
- Provide an ingredient swap list so you can make any substitutions if you can't get the ingredients you’re looking for or you have other items handy instead.
* With the cost of groceries going up we revised our $55 meal plan to make it more relevant for you, right now.
To access our meal plans, click here!
Prices are based on a regional supermarket and prices may vary based on day and location. Please note that the meal plan is designed to be repeated for a second week. The initial grocery shop will cost more in the first week ($76), however will decrease ($45) the following week. The average cost over the two weeks, when the meal plan is repeated is $60.50