- 6 large beetroot, remove stalks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, remove ends and papery skin then cut in half and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pepper and salt
Beetroot, Red Onion and Balsamic Salad
This colourful salad will brighten up any weekday meal.
It’s this easy
- Place beetroot in saucepan and cover with cold water. Boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 40 minutes. Drain, peel and dice the beetroot.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add balsamic vinegar, pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Add onion mixture to beetroot, toss well until combined.
- Add some caraway seeds to the onions for interesting flavour bursts