- 1 cup quinoa, rinse in water and drain
- 360g rump steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g snow peas, remove tough end and the attached fibrous string, slice thickly
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 red capsiucum, remove core and seeds, thinly slice flesh
- 1 avocado, stone and skin removed, finely chop flesh
- 1 mango, stone and skin removed, thinly slice flesh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pepper and salt
Easy beef and quinoa salad
Not your standard steak and salad but just as easy and much more colourful
It’s this easy
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile heat the BBQ or char-grill on medium-high heat. Drizzle the steak with oil, pepper and a small amount of salt. Chargrill for 3 minutes on each side for medium.
- Place steak on a plate, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes, slice thinly.
- Cook the snow peas in broccoli in a steamer, or pot of simmering water if you don’t have one for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain water off and cool under running water.
- Divide quinoa between serving bowls, arrange vegetables and beef, drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
- Take the salad dressing to the next level by adding some honey and chopped coriander and mint.