- 1 ¾ cup wholemeal SR flour
- 150g unsalted butter (or plant sterol spread)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup macadamias
Healthy Christmas Fruit Cake Biscuits
A fun twist on a traditional recipe - so good even Nanna will love them!
It’s this easy
1. Preheat oven to 180 degreed Celsius, fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in sifted flour, baking soda and golden syrup.
4. Add cherries, cinnamon, raisins, pistachios and macadamias and stir until well combined.
5. Roll mixture into 12 balls and place on baking tray, approx 4cm apart.
6. Bake for 10-12 or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For coeliac disease / gluten sensitivity swap for GF flour, buckwheat flour or sorghum flour.
- Try different combinations of nuts
- Try other spices such as nutmeg or allspice