- Red quinoa, cooked
- Fresh corn, grilled and kernels cut off cob
- Celery, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- Avocado, stone and skin removed, puree in blender or food processor or mash with a fork
- Alfalfa sprouts
Quinoa and avocado salad
This easy, colourful salad will really brighten up your mealtime
Credit: Love My Salad
It’s this easy
- Spread the avocado on a plate.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except sprouts, toss to combine and place on plate.
- Top with sprouts.
- Note: to cook quinoa combine 1 cup quinoa and 1½ cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.Turn off heat and leave covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Add some coriander, parsley and chives. You can also try crumbling some fetta on top.